Comparing Korky VS Fluidmaster toilet replacement parts help you to determine the best brand for your home. However, both these are reputed brands with very high average sales across the country. Since it is important to know the ideal solution, let’s go through each brand and the characteristics of its products. The pros, cons and user feedback will enlighten you more on the quality and performance of the two brands.
Korky is a reputed manufacturer of toilet replacement parts based in Wisconsin. They offer a wide range of replacement parts in various models and sizes. So, you can surely find the necessary valve to suit your component. They are considered the best in the market as they have unique design features. Here are some of the most prominent features that draw more buyers to Korky.
- The Korky Platinum fill valve can fit almost all standard toilet tanks as it can adjust from 8.5 inches to 14 inches.
- The fill valve kit comes with all hardware and gaskets needed to install the fill valve.
- Its design is compatible with all HET toilets
- The valve assembly consists of a sediment filter and fully accessible valve parts necessary for maintenance and service.
- Each Korky fills valve replacement kit includes:
- A toilet fill valve
- A refill tube and metal clip
- A refill adjuster
- One set of installation hardware
- Complete instructions
Product: Korky 528 Toilet Fill Valve
This fill valve is made of plastic and has a metal exterior finish. It replaces ballcocks and worn-down valves for different types of 2-piece and 1-piece toilets. You can install it easily with the twist lock adjustment and the whole process will take less than 5 minutes. The item weighs 8.8 ounces and comes with a warranty of 5 years. It also includes a fill valve, a refill tube, a metal refill tube clip, mounting not, a cone washer, coupling nuts, and instructions.
- Easy to install
- Universal fit
- Quality instructions
- Worth the investment
- Users claim that the shaft has no built-in locking system.
- Loud fill noise
- Cheap plastic and sharp metal clip
What Do Users of the Korky Fill Valve Say?
Korky receives high scores above the average from almost all the buyers. They praise the easy installation even when they have no experience or special tools. The instructions given with the kit are very clear and precise. They also mention that Korky fills valves to fit the toilets, which are over fifty years old and functions well. Consumers also appreciate the active customer service provided by the company. They even provide the buyers with special gaskets within a few days. Here are some of the benefits and downsides of Korky fill valves that you should know before purchasing.
- Korky products offer a warranty of 5 years where you get your money back or a new product if it fails during the warranty period.
- It saves time and money as you don’t have to replace the parts very often with Korky components.
- The red flappers from Korky can withstand bacteria, chlorine, chloramine, well water, hard water, and rust.
- Korky can be considered a universal solution as it fits over 90% of toilets regardless of the type.
- Korky also provides you smart help with the Toilet Genius help tool, where you can navigate through the repair process to find the right part, fix issues, and install new parts.
- A complete Korky kit will cost somewhere around $20, which makes it an affordable solution. It is more cost-effective if you buy the whole kit rather than purchasing the parts separately. It also assures that you have all the parts in hand in case something goes wrong.
- The kit includes a fill valve, refill tube, bowl gasket, metal refill tube, flapper, flush valve, and other hardware. You don’t need to use a hacksaw for repairs when using this kit. You can fix a wide range of issues with this repair kit.
- Some users claim that the float valve is loud and makes the system comparatively noisy.
- Customers have also complaints regarding the poor quality of material in the repair kits. This includes cheap plastic parts and flimsy rubber components.
- There are also some complaints about leaks where water continues to flow from the toilet tank.
- Users claim that their Korky toilet parts failed within a few weeks of use. They have faced huge water bills due to leaks.
Fluidmaster fill valves are widely available in most hardware stores and plumbing supply shops. It is recognized as a reliable brand of replacement fill valves due to its reliable products. Most professional plumbers highly recommend Fluidmaster parts for repairs and replacements. The manufacturer sells over 100 million toilet repair parts per year and is ranked 1st in tank replacement valves. They have a global distribution network that extends over 90 countries. Let’s go through some common features in Fluidmaster fit valves.
- The design uses an anti-siphon component to protect your water delivery system.
- Each replacement fill valve is adjustable from 9 to 14 inches. Hence, compatible with over 99% of toilets.
- Fluidmaster ensures the durable lifespan of their products with corrosion-resistant materials.
- Each valve kit comes with:
- A Fluidmaster 400 fill valve assembly
- A refill clip
- A refill tube
- A shank washer
- A shank locknut
- A complete and illustrated installation guide
Product: Fluidmaster 400AH PerforMAX Universal High-Performance Toilet Fill Valve
Fluidmaster 400AH toilet fill valve is the best product if you need to replace your old inefficient valves and eliminate the noisy operation. This will also provide you with twice the refill rate than that offered by a standard fill valve. The fill valve is adjustable within 10 – 15 inches. Therefore, it can work at high efficiency of 1.28 to 1.6 gallons per flush toilet. The adjustable roller clamp regulates the fill level in the bowl. It helps in saving water and reduces your water bills. You can install this fill valve easily within 10 minutes or less.
The design eliminates any noise generation during operation, making the valve almost quiet. The item weighs 10.9 ounces and ensues quality construction with a warranty of 7 years. Since there is both positive and negative feedback from various users across the world, it is better to refer to the product details and check the compatibility before purchasing.
- High-performance toilet valve
- Quietest and most powerful fill valve in the market
- A refill rate with twice the standard fill valves
- Quick and easy installation
- Fits most toilet models
- Some buyers from the UK claim that the product is not compatible with the UK threads.
- Complaints related to the valve being louder than expected
What Do Users of the Fluidmaster Fill Valve Say?
Users of Fluidmaster fill valve rank it at highest and it indicates that the manufacturer has secured a high level of consumer satisfaction. The customers say that the installation is the easiest that they have come across and that the instructions are clear and descriptive. Since the tank and bowl fill rates are adjustable, it makes the large old toilets more efficient. The fill valve is quiet and the operation is almost noiseless. The users also mention that setting the float and water levels is very convenient and makes the toilet operate like a new one. Here are some advantages and disadvantages that will be useful to know when purchasing a Fluidmaster product.
- Fluidmaster, being established many decades ago, has a lot of experience in the industry. They have improved their products in various aspects with the knowledge acquired over the years to bring the best to the users.
- The products are designed to maximize the usage of water and focus on preventing common issues such as leaks.
- It provides a complete solution as the toilet repair kit includes all the things necessary to keep your toilet functioning. The Fluidmaster kit includes an Adjust-A-Flush flapper, Sure-Fit chrome tank lever, 400A fill valve, three bolts, and gasket.
- There are also multiple kits among which you can select to address the specific issue in your toilet.
- Although a Fluidmaster complete kit may be a little more expensive than Korky’s it is not a lot considering the quality of the product.
- Customers are satisfied with the performance of Fluidmaster replacement parts. Some even replace their old components with Fluidmaster parts even if the existing parts are working.
- The descriptive instructions included in the toilet kits make the repairs easy even for anyone without experience on the matter.
- Fluidmaster is a reliable manufacturer that has never disappointed buyers over the years.
Since no product in the market is perfect, there are some drawbacks to Fluidmaster products too. The following are the most common issues brought up by the customers.
- The Fluidmaster toilet replacement kits are not compatible with some toilet brands such as Gerber and Kohler.
- Users also complain about insufficient bolts in the Fluidmaster kit. It comes with only two bolts whereas most toilets have three. So, you may have to buy additional parts along with the kit.
Which is Better: Fluidmaster or Korky?
We have compared the two brands Korky VS Fluidmaster in the context above. Considering the products of the two brands and related user feedback, it is safe to say that Fluidmaster is ahead. As you are aware, Fluidmaster is a better choice due to the following reasons.
- Higher quality and reliability in Fluidmaster products
- Availability of multiple kits and parts to choose from
- Affordable high-end toilet replacement kits
- Less negative feedback from users
- Experienced manufacturer with decades of service
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do Korky Fill Valves Last?
The normal toilet fill valves last for about 5 years and even longer depending on the quality of the valve. It is also affected by certain factors such as the frequency of flushing, the presence of hard water, etc. Korky offers a warranty of 5 years for their products. This means that the fill valve will not cause trouble before 5 years as guaranteed by the manufacturer itself.
How Long Do Fluidmaster Fill Valves Last?
Fluidmaster fill valves come with a warranty of 7 years. Due to the high quality of materials used in the product, the fill valves will not wear out before this time. However, constant exposure to water and air can cause a valve to clog or leak. So, you will have to replace it eventually after a useful lifespan of over 7 years.
Who Makes Fluidmaster?
Fluidmaster was founded by Adolf Schoepe, in 1957 as he launched an innovative pilot fill valve technology. This new concept worked with water pressure and made a revolution in the industry with this highly efficient toilet technology. Since then, Fluidmaster is considered one of the most widely recognized toilet repair brands.
How Do You Know if Your Fill Valve is Bad?
The easiest way to spot a faulty fill valve is by listening closely. Try to find any strange sounds coming from your toilet. If you hear the sound of water constantly running through the tank, it shows that there is a fill valve problem. You can also try a simple test to detect any water leaks. Place a few drops of food coloring in the toilet tank and check whether the colored water leaks out into the bowl. If you see the water leaking, it’s high time to replace your fill valve with a trusted replacement part.
Why is My Toilet Making a Noise When Filling Up?
If you hear your toilet making an air noise similar to a whistling or hissing sound, it is a sign that the fill valve is not closing and sealing properly. The sound is created as the air or water leaks from the fill valve. If the fill valve isn’t closing properly, you should try replacing it. If it still doesn’t solve your problem, you must call a plumbing professional to solve the issue.
Although we compared Korky VS Fluidmaster, both manufacturers offer high-quality products that last for many years. So, you can safely choose the ideal product for your replacement from the two brands. Going through user reviews helps in understanding the possible issues and how to deal with them.